Project ICE - Integrated Care through Education
What is it? Project ICE is
- Designed to improve the health and well-being of persons with mental illness and/or intellectual disabilities who also have or are at risk for diabetes and reside in a rural Indiana county.
- Targeted toward health professionals and care givers who work with or assist individuals with these comorbid conditions. These may include direct support staff, case managers, nurses, mental health clinicians, diabetes educators, community health workers, family, friends or anyone who touches those impacted by mental illness, intellectual disability, or diabetes.
- Designed to cross-train these professionals and care givers on the fundamentals of these chronic disorders and best practices in treating and engaging these individuals.
- Directed by a consortium of service providers that includes Anthony Wayne Services, MDwise, ADVANTAGE Care Select, and ASPIN.
I should participate in Project ICE trainings if:
- I want to learn more about diabetic complications for client's I serve who are at-risk for developing or have diabetes.
- I want to learn more about the risk factors for diabetes.
- I am not certain what a HbA1C test indicates or diabetes self-management is.
- I want to learn more about people who must manage intellectually disabled or seriously mentally illness in their lives.
- I'm not familiar with the impact of some antipsychotic medications on weight gain.
- I want more information on how a Managed Care Care Manager can assist in locating resources for my client who is in the Care Select Medicaid program.
- I want to know the fundamental recommendations for treatment adherence, nutrition, exercise, or behavioral motivation.
Conflict of Interest and Disclosure of Commercial Support
All persons involved with Project ICE including trainers, planners and content specialist have documented they do not have any conflicts of interest, either financial or by other means, regarding participation in Project ICE.
Project ICE has not received any commercial support/sponsorship to deliver trainings to participants.